Marinda "Mindy" Kimmel is a New Ulm native and the 6th generation in her family to live in Brown County. Her great great great grandfather settled in North Star Township in the 1870s. Mindy knew at a young age that she had a passion for helping others in the community. After graduating from New Ulm High School in 2003 she moved to Duluth to attend the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD). At UMD she completed a Bachelor of Applied Science in Psychology. She continued her education at the University of Wisconsin Superior with a Master of Science in Education in Community Counseling. She began her career in mental health which grew to include helping clients find common ground in conflicts and being a voice for the under served. Mindy returned to New Ulm in 2014 in order to live closer to her family and continues to provide counseling as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and teaches yoga classes.
Mindy Kimmel was inspired to run for political office in 2017 after attending the Women's March in St. Paul. After considering, "What can I do next," it became clear that the best way was to pursue a run for office. She seeks common ground solutions for the challenges rural communities face.
- Ensuring equal access to healthcare that keeps people healthy, regardless of income, and provides elders with adequate care
- Funding long-term transportation expansions that increase safety and accessibility, including Hwy 14
- Establishing rural broadband to support rural families and farmers
- Investing in preschool and K-12 education
- Economic development in Greater Minnesota focused on affordable housing and child care solutions
Mindy is our voice for Greater Minnesota.